Wednesday 5 January 2011

Wednesday

6am wake up  via the BBC Radio Today program. Liberal Pakistani leader murdered by body guard, NHS troubles, and a 3 points on the Richter Scale earthquake just about an hour and half away from me! It's all pretty shaky stuff.

Looked out the window to see what the day would bring....no snow, a little sun and crisp clean air. Drank my coffee and jumped into the shower. Did my usual things to get ready and went down stairs to make one portable lunch and breakfast for three. The troops were not arriving quickly enough for me so I went back up stairs and found Zelda buried under the covers in our bed while my hubby was still showering. I tried to get her dressed, but she refused to wear the new clothes that just yesterday she couldn't wait to wear.  I went back downstairs and started to eat, I was not in the mood for a fight.

Eventually all three of us were at the table, but it was in shifts. We got out the door and made it to school only a few minutes late.

Coffee at the university followed and then I was off into town to run my errands and buy some groceries. Marks and Spencers were having a sale on  fresh fish and I bought fresh cod, smoked haddock and smoked trout. I want to eat more fish and less meat. Friends of ours eat mostly fish and rice and they spend a lot less money on groceries than I do. I am trying this out to see if  I too can feed my family on around 40 pounds a week. So far so good. Tonight we are going to have scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cream cheese on whole wheat toast with a side salad.

I did a bit more job hunting today and museum research. I am certain that I am on the right track and wish only to pursue a career in the Museum/Gallery education field. Everything I have read indicates that the best route is to volunteer and then get hired. I am now searching for a second volunteer opportunity. With two simultaneously I will increase my chances of finding a position in a time when economic cuts are rampant.

I finished off all the laundry and cleaned Zeldas room.

As usual I left the house at 2:30 to go back into town to pick up Zelda. We walked home and then did our usual snuggle. I let Zelda eat in the living room in front of the fire. Afterwards we did her homework together! Then I gave her an olive oil bath to combat her itchy dry skin. I hopped into bed and started reading stories. After the second book "The Daddy" arrived home so he took over. I then snuggled her to sleep.

I've never seen a real angel, but tonight the position Zelda fell a sleep in was just like one. Face to side lying on top of flat clasped hands. Eyes softly closed and with only a whisper of air escaping. She looked perfectly happy, and so was I. Touching an angel is rare.

Time check-8:20 pm. Headache is on its way out and I am on my way down to the kitchen to make a warming winter dinner to eat in front of the fire with my love and listen to some classical music. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment