Friday 25 February 2011

The Missing Days

...Where did I leave off? Senior moments are coming on faster and faster and I just read that walking every day is supposed to help grow a certain part of the brain that helps with memory...I already walk at least 3 miles a day up and down hills, how much more do I need to walk in order to preserve my memories, I mean memory???

Yesterday I not only walked the daily 3 miles, but I also pulled a shopping wagon up the hills full to the brim with food. I had 2 kilos of lamb, 2 kilos of gammon, assorted vegetables, crackers, and fruits. How much memory stick do I get for that effort?

This week has been half term so Zelda went to Sunshine club on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. She has been home the other days as my In-Laws arrived on Wednesday night and will stay until Monday. They are getting more bang for the buck now that their other son has moved here too with his kids and wife. Last night we ate at Molly and Phils. Molly made a beautiful chicken stew. I had 3 helpings! The cousins all played together and then we settled onto the couch to watch Toy Story 2. It was a very nice casual and intimate gathering. We will be repeating it again tonight, but with a gammon joint and boiled veggies.

Yesterday was a truly gorgeous Spring day. It was warm and sunny with just a light breeze, ok wind, but it was still nice and springy! The birds were all out singing in the yard. Zelda played with her grandparents and cousins card games. I enjoyed the scene.

I was again filled with joy by the spring air and the birds in the garden. I hung out with Zelda most of the morning and afternoon. We played games and snuggled and then ate a nice lunch together.

At 3pm we walked to her best friends house and we all went in the car to the Broom Hill Farms, an organic farm that has a butcher, cafe and large playing field with hay stacks, castle, tractors and adventure trail. The area is in the middle of the country side and is as green as green can get with lots of farmy shades in between. We saw huge pigs and baby pigs, sheep, lamb, goats, chickens and geese.

It was starting to get colder and we adults were starting to freeze up, but not the girls, they wanted to keep running around and moving hay from one area to another, run up and down the huge farm field and giggle and hold hands. It was a perfect sight to be part of. Perfect freedom of body and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment