Sunday 6 February 2011

The Weekend

Hooray for fate, for superstition, for leprechauns and rainbows with pots of gold at the end. Hooray hooray hooray.....

Friday morning was not a normal routine morning except for waking up at the same 6am to the same BBC radio station. I showered and then selected some very smart, but still stamped with my own mark, out fit. It had been a long time since I have seem myself dressed in an adult manner. I was lovin my reflection and was hoping the outside world would dig my projection. I had an appointment with the Learning and Access head for the Durham Museums, Durham University.

I ate a quick breakfast and then we were off to walk Zelda to school. It was a grey misty morning and free facials were on offer. As we headed down the hill, off in the distance I noticed a strange orange light on the trees. The objects on the horizon were crystal clear as in a close up photograph, yet these objects were quite far away. I saw the train pass by, people on the bridge, the orange trees and then bang smack in the middle was a rainbow. Immediately I was struck with the notion of luck. Today was going to be my lucky day. Today was going to be lucky for everyone who saw this rainbow. I had two extra bounces in my step all the rest of  the way, and day.

Later on, the day turned into a 60 MPH winds day. I made it to my RDV at the Oriental Museum 30 minutes early. I walked around and looked at the collection. The space was inspiring and I could imagine myself working there.

1pm and S came out to greet me. She was extremely friendly and I immediately felt comfortable. I was introduced to the other member of her team and they explained what they did and then asked me if I would like to work with them! I of course said YES!! This is not a paid position, but a volunteer position. As I mentioned in earlier posts, this is the only way to get a paying job in the cultural sector. Now I am positioned well for a museum job at the university. I start March 8th. Thank you rainbow.

Friday evening we all went out for dinner with the cousins, aunts and uncles to the pub. Zelda had a wonderful time hanging out with the two boys. It gave me glimmers of what it would have been like to have had other children. .....more time to ourselves!

The night ended late and Zelda fell asleep in the car on the way home. We popped her into bed and after a night cap with Ians sister we all went to sleep.

Saturday was an early rise day as Zelda had a whirl wind social calendar. 10am birthday party until noon. A 5:30 engagement for an evening fundraising party with her friend Alba and her family. We were to be on hand in case my brother in law and sister in law needed us and then we had to pick Zelda up at Town Hall for 930pm. We left the party with Zelda around 11pm and Zelda fell a sleep in the car and we popped her into bed, with her party dress on this time. Classic perfect scene...Breakfast at Tiffanies here she comes!

Today we all slept late...until 830am. I made my routine run for croissant, pain au chocolate and baguette for our Sunday breakfast. We took Zelda to ballet class. I busied myself with decorating magazines while the hubby worked and Zelda watched Snow White.

This evening was all about bath, snuggle  and bed.

Time check- 7:52, Zelda is a sleep, my husband is working and I am feeling incredibly lucky. Call it rainbows, luck or witchcraft, i call it perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment