Friday 11 February 2011

Thursday

 One minute she is a tiger, the next minute a cat, a kitten, a dragon, monster and of course princess cum sleeping beauty.I never tire of morning snuggles from my metamorphosing daughter.....this particular morning she bared her sharp teeth and gnashed at us behind giggles and smiles, I guess she was a happy mommy and daddy eating monster.

We all ate breakfast and then Zelda walked to school with her daddy as I was looking after my 12 year old nephew for a few hours while his parents went to fight for a place in the best comprehensive school in Durham. H helped me make red lentil and ham soup and then he read his book. I paid bills and organized the filing that needed to be done.

At 2:30 I went into town to pick up Zelda and then we went to the after school coffee club at the church. After ingesting massive amounts of chocolate and playing and reading we walked home. I got he dinner ready and she ate ( not much, due to chocolate !) while watching her favorite programs. We snuggled and then got ready for bed and books and snuggles again in her bed.

Our snuggle sessions at bedtime have been fantastic lately. There has been no resistance to falling asleep or turning off the lights. She willingly closes her eyes and curls up next to me and with in 5 minutes is breathing sweetly. I feel immensly connected to her. I have been feeling sad though, as I can feel that as she gets older this kind of thing will happen less and less. I recently realized that I can no longer carry her and pick her up like a small child anymore. Our hugs are no longer forever lasting as I can not hold her for more than a minute at a time. I now know what people mean by it doesn't last long so enjoy it while it does. Soon I will be too big  to sleep next to her. I guess I will have to buy her a double bed!

After Zelda fell a sleep I curled up on the couch in front of the fire and watched bad TV while waiting for my husband to come homeas he was working late. .I felt like a good mother and wife. I felt good inside, I felt satisfied. I felt like every thing was perfect..

No comments:

Post a Comment