Monday 7 February 2011

Monday

Mother nature must have been very tired today. She was happy and sunny one minute then angry and windy the next. She seemed to cry over nothing then wipe away her tears as fast as they had arrived.

My day, not unlike mother natures, started at 3:30 am to the beckoning cries of Zelda thus I too was very tired. I have a flight or fight mechanism that kicks in when I hear her call for me during my sleep. I jump out of bed so fast I almost don't realize what I am doing. Once the realization hits me, it's too late, I am already in her room climbing up the ladder to her and getting into bed beside her. I have hit the land of no return.

4:30 am I was able to escape and go back to my bed, leaving her with some books to peruse at her early morning leisure. I did not fall back a sleep. She did. The alarm went off at 6am as usual, she got out of bed at 7:30! When I looked in on her she was fast a sleep with her cheek on top of her Miss Naughty book....hmmmmm life immitating art???

8:15 am Zelda and I left the house and made our way to school through the howling wind and spitting rain. We held hands the entire way and walked quietly, taking in the sound of the trees, some singing, some talking and others snoring. The river was wide from the rain and was full of strong currents. I imagined monsters living beneath the murky waters.

After I dropped Zelda off, I dropped my 10 kilos of borrowed cook books off at the library. By this time the sun was out and my walk up the hills were very pleasant...until I came to the dreaded wind magnet bridge. I quickly ran over it as not to get blown off and over the rail onto the busy road below.

I made Gruffalo birthday invitations for Zeldas party, cleaned the cat litter, unloaded the dishwasher, vacuumed the house, made the beds, sorted the recycling and then did some work for the project I will be working on in March.

2:30 came very quickly and I once again battled the winds and walked into town to get Zelda. We took the bus home. I fed her early and put her to bed by 7pm.

Time check-7:32, Zelda still a sleep, the hubby has been home 15 minutes and I am now going to enjoy some quiet time with him. We have a scrabble game to finish, and hopefully I will win with my killer 10 point letter....Z for Zelda, just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment