Wednesday 2 February 2011

Tuesday

I kept Zelda home today from school. She came into our bedroom at 7am, which was nice for all concerned. Once I told her she was staying home she immediately got dressed! Well, she put on tights and socks and slippers and a bathrobe, but kept on her nightgown. She was ready to go downstairs and become a couch potato. I was with her.

We watched three different videos, CBeeBies and did some art and crafts. I was determined to make staying at home as boring and uninteresting as possible. Every hour I left the room to go and do some work upstairs. She did not seem to mind. She was one happy potato.

I catered to her every food whim, which, once presented to her, she tasted, and then abandoned it. I was now eating for two!

At 2:30 Zelda put a sweater on top of her nightgown and we went to the doctors. It was a gorgeous warm afternoon with lots of sunshine. The doctor checked her out and then leaned back in his chair and said so what do you make of it? hey, did I go to med school, are you paying me? I looked quizzically at him and said she has a cough. He agreed. I did not need a brain scientist to tell me this, but I did want the doctor to be the doctor, and not me. This is the 2nd time at this practice I have been asked this. I explained how she had had pneumonia a year ago and it developed from a cough like this. He looked at me like I had 4 eyes and said it was just bad luck.  Ok fine. He saw nothing out of the normal.

Next up, I told him about how she does not like to pee and holds it for days on end...ok not days, but hours and hours. I explained how she had a history of kidney infection and that this worried me. I asked him could he please tell her that it was not healthy. Did he?? No, he said leave her alone, she is bright she will pee when she needs to!

I left the doctors office feeling like a complete neurotic mother stereotype. Luckily it was warm and sunny out still when we left so I quickly forgot how neurotic I am and enjoyed the stroll back home.

We played in the garden for half an hour with the ball, badminton and the watering cans.

1 hour later, Zelda had a high fever again and plopped herself on the couch under a blanket for the rest of the night. I plopped next to her. We were two ploppers.

6pm rolled around and I got her ready for bed. 7pm and she was tucked in tight with her books putting herself to sleep...until daddy came home. He snuggled her and then off she went to dream land.

We ate dinner, looked at mortgages and watched the final episode of the season of Silent Witness. It is not nearly as good as Morse, but I am hooked.

10:30pm and it was nice being home with Zelda tending to her every whim. Now I will tend to mine and go to sleep. x

No comments:

Post a Comment