Wednesday 2 February 2011

Wednesday

6am wake up to beautiful classical music on BBC radio...I much prefer it to the Today Show.

Coffee arrived bedside by 615.

6:30 and Zelda was bedside too.

No fever.

1am in the morning she woke me up and she had fever. She had to pee. She reminded me of the little cardboard boat that the doctor gave us so she could collect a urine sample. Ok, 1am is as good a time as any! Some how we managed not to wet the entire floor or ourselves.

We arrived at school on time. It was Zeldas first assembly and she had a line. Trucks move slow. What a screen test.  The performance was based on the Aesop Fable The Tortoise and the Hair, never give up even if things are difficult. It was a good message. I guess so was the song about God giving us life, love and baby Jesus! Zelda seems to enjoy it.

I ran the errands in town and went home to make a pot of Hot and Sour Chinese Chicken Soup. It came out stupendous, if I do say so myself. I hope it is not too hot for the rest of the family.

By the time |Zelda and I got home from school, she was running a fever as hot as the soup. I pumped her with paracetamol and settled her on the couch under a blanket. I really hope that she is not getting a kidney infection. The results will be back in a couple of days!

The family, Ians brother, his wife, their 2 kids and Ians sister all arrive tonight around 10pm. The big move has begun. The soup ought to spice up things a bit after 8 hours on the road. A new adventure for the start of the Chinese New Year. I bought long noodles to go in the soup, a traditional food for the New Year. It symbolizes a long and healthy and prosperous year .  May the luck be with them.

Time check- 7:21, Zelda in bed having a snuggle with her daddy, me feeling calm, hopeful and excited to start this perfect new Chinese Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment