Tuesday 22 February 2011

Tuesday

6am wake up call to the BBC radio classical station followed by  news of  an on going political uprising situation, this time in Lybia, while drinking my coffee. 6:50 and I went into the shower. Afterwards, I dressed in the same clothes I had been wearing since  Sunday and went downstairs to make lunches for both my husband and daughter. It eerily felt like Ground Hog Day!

We all left the house together and skipped into town with the grey cloud mist settling on my glasses. The air was warmish and I once again enjoyed the aspect of the Cathedral provided to me this morning in the grey haze.

Zelda happily went to sunshine club and I set off to run the errands in town. I struck out. I could not find the requested red underpants Zelda had asked for, nor could I find suitable knee socks in her size. She has decided to bare her legs like one of her friends from school in the cold of Winter. Perhaps this was a good thing that I wound up empty handed.

A stop into Tesco to buy some food and then the quick paced walk up the hill down the hill, up the hill and home.

10:30 and I was home. I made a cup of coffee and ate the left over cherry pie. Much needed reinforcements for the house cleaning a head. The in-laws are coming tomorrow and I needed to clean all the mould that has been squatting in the shower. I cleaned three bathrooms, one kitchen including an oven, made up the guest room, which included getting into a tackle with a 2 tog king sized quilt and quilt cover. I have saved the vacuuming for tomorrow.

The phone rang at 2:30 and I ran down two flights to get it. It was my best friend in New York calling and we talked for over an hour. It was wonderful to hear her voice and she and her husband will be visiting in the summer. We had not spoken in almost 5 months. Time has passed so quickly since moving here in September. When you are happy, you stop counting the minutes.

I picked Zelda up and we had a slow and painful walk home. All that cleaning and I pulled out my neck. Once home I made her dinner and she watched her programs while I tried to read the New Yorker.  Then it was time for her to have a bath and we played rainbow ponies meet the mermaid whale!

While walking over the bridge today, I saw the same view I always see and felt the same feelings I always feel, relief, happiness, and  lightness of being. It still felt perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment