Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hump Day

All week I have been planning, shopping, sourcing, creating, wrapping, buying and wishing. Yesterday evening one cancellation came in. Not bad, 7 out of 8 friends are coming. Four more days until my baby is no longer a baby, but a little girl. Five years will have passed since her entry into the world. I have less than five days to get her party right. The pressure is on!

Yesterday in the middle of all the birthday hoopla, I found another house, better, bigger, nicer, more beautiful and more expensive. We are in the middle of getting a mortgage for the one we made an offer on. In England you can drop out so long as no contract has been exchanged. This means that right up til the last moment either party can back down, leaving one or more parties to have to start all over again. I feel bad, but I think this new house may be the right house.

On Sunday we visited the other house with my in laws. I did not feel good. I felt sad somehow and not as comfortable as I had in the past. It needs a lot of work to make it what we want. A blank canvas is good, but if I can find one already the way we want, then that is better. I decided to look at the listing on Monday. Bingo, another house, around the corner from the other one. Same area, but better. I have made a RDV to view it tomorrow. We shall see.

Yesterday I met with the old chair of the PTA at Zeldas school to take over the role. I was handed a red box with documents, I felt like a character in Yes Minister! More planning, creating and organizing!

In the middle of all this activity, I am cleaning, cooking , food shopping, bathing, dropping off and picking up and keeping on top of the social calendar.

I feel like a crazy mama getting ready to take office.  Spring has sprung and so have I...up up and away, perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment