Tuesday 29 March 2011

Monday

Monday Monday....I seem to have lost a day when moving the clocks forward and hour because today is Tuesday! Please excuse my lateness, and  although life might be perfect, I surely am not!

Wake up to the 6am BBC radio Today program went un noticed until and hour later. We all slept in until 7:30 on the clock, which is 6:30 in our bodies, which is what we are used to really waking up and moving to. No matter, we all got ready and left the house on time. I think we might be onto something here. When we arrived at Zeldas school the children were just going in so we made it just in time. The head told me that only 14 student were actually there to enter the school, so I guess everyone was behind an hour too. It felt great to be on time on a day when everyone else was falling behind. It was just perfect!

I went for a coffee as usual at the university and then headed home to take care of the domestic arts.

The day was sunny and warm until around 2pm when it all started to go a bit grey around the edges. I didn't mind. I like it that way. I love the feeling of waking and living in an English landscape painting every day of my life. It is perfectly fitting.

The Laing Art Gallery and I made contact and set up an appointment for a day during the April holidays. It is a bit aways, but I can't wait! Keep the fingers crossed and anything else you can manage.

2:30 and I left to go and pick up Zelda. We played in the park for thirty minutes and then bought some bread to feed to the ducks. Zelda decided to eat most of it, but luckily left just enough to satisfy the three ducks that were hungry when we arrived at the river bank.

5pm and we landed on our door step. Waiting in two orange bags were the beautiful fresh vegetables and fruits I had bought at the one green grocer in Durham. They deliver for free. I am no longer going to buy my fruits and veggies at TESCO. Every Monday I will buy what I need for the week of fresh farm produce, pay less and eat better.

Zelda and I snuggled. She ate through the refrigerator, I think she is going through a growth spurt-I hope, and then it  was up to bed. She and her daddy read books and snuggled.

8pm and we sat down to a dinner of wild rocket ( from the green grocers-from Italy) and fresh capeletti with rosemary and butter, and of course some white wine.

10pm and we were off to bed to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

..ok....it is now Tuesday also, so today went like yesterday. Same wake up routine, but we drove Zelda to school as the hubby has now got a bug and stayed home and worked instead of going into the office. I stayed home too, no errands today, so I could look after him.  Good wife, Good wife..(another mantra). We stayed holed up in the over heated house. I took care of lose ends and he worked. We ate lunch together.

2:30 and I went into town to pick up Zelda. We walked home, no park as it was starting to rain. Once home she watched her videos and made art things. I made her two soft boiled eggs with soldiers which she gobbled up! She got ready for bed, made more art things...really happy she is getting into arts and crafts, and then went up to bed with her dad for books and snuggles.


The leftover chicken casserole is on the stove. I am drinking the last of the white wine and feeling pretty damn perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment