Monday 21 March 2011

Monday

6am wake up to BBC radio classical music..I think it was a spring time sonata...too sleepy to recall. 6:25 and the room was already full of sunlight so I pushed open the curtains and lifted up the blinds to let the spring time shine in. By 6:30 coffee was made by our ever faithful coffee maid and I was well onto my way to one of the most perfect days of the year.

Zelda came waltzing in and climbed into bed for a round of tickle mommy, tickle daddy. I went into the shower and came out happy as a lark. The room was not cold, the house was not cold, I was not cold! Ah the warmth of Spring. I got dressed, put on my make up and went down to prepare the breakfast. The troops came down around 8am and we all ate and then got ready to go out.

Zelda was wearing her spring uniform dress and white knee high socks. This brought back child hood memories, not mine, I never wore white knee highs back then, (but I do now!) I do remember seeing children wearing them in the books I read when I was a young girl, like in The Nancy Drew Mysteries. She refused to wear a coat and in fact she did not need one.

We all skipped into town. It was hard not to have a bounce in your step when the day was so beautiful. The light was bright and clear, the horizon purple and pink and Zelda was hopping from one foot to the other all the way down the hill enjoying the Spring air on her now uncovered legs for the first time in about 8 months. I of course had visions of scraped bloody knees since there were now no coverings. Luckily these were only visions, at least for today.

We ran into our friend S and he did a Lucky Charm Leprechaun jump in the air. The population were obviously high on spring. It seemed everyone was experiencing a perfect moment. 

After dropping off Zelda I walked the husband to Grey College for a conference he was going to. I then walked home in the warmth of the late morning.

Good news came my way when I called the surveyor to explain some of the points regarding the house. He told me that although the report sounded bad, which is what his job is all about, the house in question was actually a good house. In fact, he said it was one of the best examples of one of these types of houses in this area and that we got it for a great price and should definitely not be thinking about looking for a different one. Whew, I can continue to look at decorating magazines and dream about my range cooker!

Still feeling good, I then went into town and met hubby for a lovely lunch at the cathedral cafe and a twirl around the grounds. It was like being back at university and dating again. Spring springs love. I then picked up Zelda and hung out in the park for an hour.

We all walked home together and the night time routine followed as normal.

Zelda is now a sleep, I am blogging once again and drinking a lovely glass of red, yes it's French!

Spring has sprung, and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment