Wednesday 23 March 2011

Wednesday

I knew the day was going to be perfect, as I was being served coffee in someone elses bed by my husband at 6:15am in the morning....I have no recall as to what time I transferred from my own bed to Zeldas, but there I was, and soon to be joined by Zelda herself, who, apparently spent the night in my bed. As she entered, she put the BBC radio on for me and climbed on board so I could read her the next chapter of Magic Kitten!  Purrrfect!

The morning followed as usual, shower, prepping of lunch and breakfast then out of the house. This morning we were very early so we had time to dawdle if we wanted. Luck would have it, we ran into one of Zeldas classmates on the way down the hill so we were faster than normal and arrived at her school with 15 minutes to spare! She ran into the yard to play with her friends and never looked back. We of course set out for coffee at the university and had an extra 15 to ourselves together.

After coffee I went into town to take care of details concerning the house and then walked slowly home up the hills in the warm sunshine. As I crossed over the bridge the cherry tree that hangs over onto the end of it was just on the brink of exploding with white and pink blossoms. All I wanted to do was to snap a big branch off and take it home. The flowers grow like weeds in Durham and everyone is tempted to take their own  little bouquet home. Just this weekend a boy was charged 100 pounds for picking daffodils!

Once home I wrote a letter to the Tyne and Wear Museums volunteer coordinator. I introduced my self and told her that I was given her name via the woman I work with at the Baltic. I also attached the updated version of my resume. I hit the send button and hoped for the best.

2:00 I went into town to get Zelda. As I passed over the bridge, the cherry tree blossoms had all opened up and the smell was intoxicating..it was hard not to take a branch or two!

Zelda and I played in the park for an hour and then walked home. I went upstairs to check my emails and there waiting for me was a response from the Tyne and Wear Museums. I opened it and read with disbelief......We want you! I was to call the learning officer next week of the Laing Art Gallery in Newcastle. This is one of the museums I really want to get a job at, and now I am on my way!!!!!!!!! PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT.

Time check-7:54 time to get a glass of wine and celebrate the news with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment