Thursday 3 March 2011

Thursday

Clumsiness, clinginess, sleep deprivation and loss of memory, like where did I just put my hat?, all have one thing in common....ME.

For the 5th night in a row Zelda has come into the bedroom and woken me to snuggle her back to sleep. My darling, of course, sweetie alright, grumble, ok love, go back to your bed- I will take you, you are not coming into mine.......all met with warm tight hugs and unmovable words of how much I am loved....it is hard to say no, so I just go.

So, what kind of a thank you is tripping on the curb, flying across the side walk and skidding on my hands to a halt, while people look on? My body aches, my neck is compressed, my already bad shoulder is hanging limp and my wrist feels like it has been run over by a bicycle. Love definitely hurts! High heel boots don't help matters either.

I am so happy today. I am so glad I went to look at the other house. It was only a few minutes from the house we are buying. It is facing a beautiful field. I saw a sheep on it while in the back yard. The woman kept two chickens, I always wanted chickens. She on the other hand, can keep her house. It was falling apart, run down and not at all what the pictures showed. The road was visible and the noise audible. It did not have the feeling of a well cared for home. She will never get the money she is asking, and now I am certain that the one we are buying is the RIGHT ONE for us. How could I have ever dreamt of straying from the French family who will be our neighbors to be?????

After viewing the house, I received a lovely text from my husband. We met up in town and had an intimate lunch together in a tiny Italian joint. We each had pasta and an espresso. We have never done this before, but we will be working it into our routine for sure.

I stayed in town the entire day. At 3:00 I picked up Zelda and went to the after school coffee club. Our usual companions did not come today. I nursed my wounds at a table by myself for a bit and then another friend of mine arrived and we sat and had a lovely conversation. I had not seen her for some time. Afterwards, Zelda and I caught the bus back home.

I made Zelda her dinner, Teddy Bear Chicken, peas and corn and a bowl of blueberries. We snuggled on the couch and then it was time for bed. Two stories, a bit of Someday My Prince Will Come and snores could be heard. Perfect.

Time check-7:58pm, Zelda happy and a sleep, me sipping some vino and feeling ever so happy and excited about the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment