Thursday 31 March 2011

Wednesday

6am wake up to BBC radio Today Show. Again, I did not budge until 7:15 when I put on the coffee maid and entered the shower ASAP. I emerged a bit happier, but still tired. For some reason, maybe it being 47, peri menopausal or just the white wine, but this 1 hour forward has my body clock all screwy.  Zelda came in at 7:30, she didn't drink a glass of wine, so it must be me.

I quickly went downstairs to make waffles for us three as I was taking Zelda to school solo this morning due to hubby calling in sick. We all ate and then she and I departed. We sang songs and played eye spy. We arrived in no time at all, but late none the less....as did about 5 other kids..we all had a laugh.

I spent the morning in town running errands and trying to make an eye apointment at  BOOTS. I was astonished to find I could not get an apointment unitl the 7th of April. It seems all of Durham are having eye problems at once. Must be something in the water.

I stopped into the small print gallery/frame shop where one of my friends works to have a chat. The owner was on the front desk, he looked at me and then looked away, never to give me notice again, even when I left and said good by. I felt very reminicent afterwards about my own gallery. How my philosphy was all about talking to people and engaging them to discuss the art works. Making the clients feel welcome. I felt as though perhaps I am to rejoin the art world this way. I must start my own gallery again. If no one is going to pay me, it might as well be me not paying me for all the work I will ldo. I am giving it seriuos thought.

Once home I worked on PTA issues and sent out press releases for the Nearly New sale we are holding in May. Made lunch for me and the hubby and had a short but nice skype session with a friend of mine in Nice.

I picked up Zelda and took her to the park. We did not stay long as a big dark scary threatening cloud rolled in and everyone exited the park like rats on a sinking ship. We took a bus instead of walking home, but it turned outtobe a flse alarm. No real rain came and the cloud just vanished. English weather for you!

I put Zelda to bed with a few books and a snuggle. I then made hamburgers and chips and green beans for our dinner. We watched some television and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment