Thursday 24 March 2011

Thursday

6am wake up to BBC today program followed by 6:30 snuggle from Zelda.  Strong black coffee, we ran out of milk, and it took me back to my college/single days when cigarettes and strong caffeine were the item of the day. I pulled back the curtains to reveal a hazy warm morning and showered and then dressed accordingly.

Downstairs to make breakfast and then off to make the school run. We ran into another school mate of Zeldas and his daddy. It turns out they are from Russia, close by to Siberia! He works as a guest professor at the University and have been here for 3 years already. they will leave in another year to go home to Russia.

As we approached the school we ran into our friends L and  S. We had a quick side walk chat and then caught up with Zelda and her friend as they were entering the school gates! I was high on the morning social interactions. It does not take much to make feel giddy and glad. A nice hello, a smile, a sign of kindness and friendship and the rest of the day is perfect!

We arrived at school just on time and then off we went to the university for our ritual espresso macchiato.

I walked slowly home up the hills and then took care of the many tasks on my list pertaining to buying the house, my chair position at Zeldas school and looking for work. I finished the Easter Egg fundraiser competition worksheets and then took a 20 minute nap!

2pm and I went to pick up Zelda. first I printed off over 100 worksheets to be handed out to the school children and then I took Zelda tot he after school coffee club. I hung out with my good friends N and C. We had a great chat and then it was off home.

Zelda and I arrived home at 5pm and then we immediately hooked up on skype with our friends in France. Zelda spoke to Kiara and we spoke to Anthony and Julie. It was emotional and great to see them in real time. We had a glass of wine together and made plans for us to visit.

Zelda is now eating her dinner and then she will be off to  bed. I am drinking a glass of FRENCH red wine and then I will relax with the hubby. A perfect ending to a perfectly perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment