Friday 18 March 2011

natures reality

The reality is that time flies when your having fun. It flies when you are busy. It flies when you aren't paying attention. It even flies in the face of disaster and change.

Six months have passed to the day that I landed in Newcastle airport. During this time, not only have I changed, but so has the world around me. I have listened to and watched brave people stand up for their rights and over throw a government in order to have freedom in Egypt. Sadly, another group have tried to do the same, but not to the same end, thus far, in Lybia. Two earthquakes have hit, one in New Zealand and the other in Japan. The latter also experiencing a tsunami.

During these past six months, the changes I have faced and made compare very little to what has occurred in nature. I find it very hard to tell my story when right now, as I write people are going through horrible and inhuman atrocities. I am powerless, and for a control freak that hurts!  I find it difficult to comprehend madness in man and nature. I keep trying to find the perfectness in it all, but I am failing.

For me, my life is still beautiful, fun and fantastic, but now there is also a small corner that is cracked with a hair line fracture like a piece of glass after being hit with a small stone. Maybe this is the silver lining. Maybe the pain and sadness I am feeling are good and will help me see things differently. Help me make a difference. Help me to behave differently towards the people I love and the people who are strangers in the street. Help me take more risks or perhaps less where neccessary.

Tonight I will celebrate six months in my favorite pub with my husband and daughter. I will also celebrate life and the reality of  change. That is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment