Thursday 9 December 2010

Thursday

Hot hot hot at a reading of 3 degrees and sunny today! Everything was melting. Pools of slush rose up around all the street corners and then at around 4pm they turned into deadly slippery ice patches. I should have bought the old persons wood cane stick with metal tip today for one pound in the charity shop!

Zelda wore her new black ski/snow pants today to school. Last week she refused as she thought they didn't fit her very well. She has finally realized that she has been cold and that she will be warmer and the walk to school will be more enjoyable if she wears the pants. Add to that, that her best friend wears hers to school everyday, so she has to keep up with the "Joneses". This is an example of  when wanting to be like someone else doesn't bother me. She looked adorable, as they are jet black with a slight silvery grain running up them. I wish I had a pair.

The day was spent looking at houses. All of them on the same street. The first one I saw had a lot of potential. It was built in the early 1950's and looks a bit like a sea side house mixed with Bauhaus. The garden was enormous. the drawback is that it backs onto a main road and the traffic noise is audible from outside. Inside you hear nothing.  The other two were abominable. They had not been touched since they were built and in one of them a 103 year old woman died in it and had been living in it most of her life. Need I say more. The other smelled of millions of packets of cigarettes and had peeling walls and a crumbling atmosphere, not to mention a tiny patch of green in the back.

Tomorrow am seeing a huge 5 bed roomed, superior 1935 home. Large garden and beautifully decorated. Nothing has to be done to it but move in. It is around the corner from the other ones I saw today. It is also 50 percent more expensive.  Perhaps I could put up a send a donation button on my blog to help supplement it? " Fantastic child seeks large home with garden to enjoy her childhood in. Push this button and donate to the quality of her life" 

After the viewings I hit the charity shops. Tomorrow I am going to the University Christmas party and I wanted something red. I scored a beautiful angora off the shoulder angora sweater. It has a 1940's cut with 3/4 sleeves, a thin belt around the waist and it is high waisted and snug fitting. gorgeous and from MONSOONs winter collection. I saw it in the shop only last week and thought I would like to have it, but the smallest size was an 8, and it was too expensive. The owner must have washed it, it shrunk and so now it was a 6 and it fit me for only 4 pounds!!! I helped cancer research and got myself  the perfect holiday sweater.

I took Zelda to after school cafe club at the church as always on a Thursday. Had a nice talk with my friend while Zelda played with hers. Zelda and I took the bus home and had a lovely talk on the way. I was feeling as though I am banging my head against the wall at times when trying to communicate with Zelda, but today she proved me wrong by saying the most astoundingly astute thing to me regarding the subject that upsets me most when dealing with her...not listening. I am learning from Zelda how to be a better mother and this makes her the perfect child for me.

Time check-8:43..Zelda a sleep with the cat!!!! Hubby downstairs finishing up his marking. Me, going downstairs to make stir fried chili and ginger beef with egg noodles. Enjoy my evening with my man and sleep peacefully knowing I have a perfectly fantastic family.

1 comment: