Wednesday 22 December 2010

Wednesday

late start to the morning...7am ..Zelda creeped in and snuggled under the blanket with us both.  After she ate a banana and a half in our bed and emotional watching of the first man on the moon landing, I was ready to go shower and eat breakfast. I went down stairs, pulled the curtains back and the yard was covered with about 2 inches of fresh white fluffy snow. I raced upstairs and played the "guess what" game. I was psyched, and I couldn't wait to go out in it.

With breakfast over, I put on my wellies, my hat and coat and ventured out to town to buy last minute needed food items, including two very nice St. Emillion Grand Vin De Bordeaux for our Christmas lunch at half price!!...It is now hailing as I write this...just thought I would mention it!.....The wine will go excellent with the Scottish Fore Rib I am roasting.

I tried not to think about the fact that I had not yet heard back from the recruiter about my interview yesterday and it was now nearing 2pm. The phone rang and it was not good news. I couldn't help feel sad and disappointed. Whether I wanted the job or not, I wanted to be the one to decide, not them. In one way it is good, I was not prepared to start working on January 4th. Now I can hit the SALES!!!  Perfect timing.

At 3:00pm a school friend of Zeldas came over to play. she came with both her parents. The girls played in the back yard making snowballs, snow men and running around. We watched them have fun and drank wine, tea and got to know a second set of parents whom we like and are becoming friends with. It is incredible, that only after several month we are making friendships through our child. Everyone told me this is what happens when you have children, it's wonderful, great, etc..I never got to experience it though living in France. I was robbed. Now I feel as though I have hit the jack pot.

My brother in law arrived at 8:30pm. He is going on an interview tomorrow morning. If he gets this job he and his family will move to Durham. It will be wonderful to have family so close by. Plus they have two boys who Zelda adores and visa versa. Thirdly, his wife is American ,I adore her and it will be like having a sister/friend living right next door.  The arrangement would really make everything perfect!

Time check; 10:44pm. I am tired but happy. As I have said in the past, it is impossible to feel bad when there is so much good; the people, the beauty, opportunity, and potential. Hubby is downstairs with his brother, me, I am going to sleep. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment