Tuesday 14 December 2010

Tuesday

5:50 am door creaks open, little feet pit pat across the floor, is it the cat? Then, tugging on curtains, nope it's Zelda, with a big smile and a loud "good morning", she crawls into bed between the two of us, rolls over to her daddy and says " your are the best of all, I love you the best". Absolutely perfect!

6am BBC radio goes on and it's guess what? yep more wikki peeks. Yawn, get out of bed, still dizzy, make coffee. I then realize I don't have to make the morning school run today, yippee goes off inside my head and I settle down back into bed with a warm mug of  sweet coffee and relax. Time is on my side. Perfect!

6:30, although time is on my side, I still go into the shower leaving Zelda with Pippi Longstocking and her daddy.  Exit shower and it's routine as normal. I am very excited because day two of get dressed before breakfast  is still working. Zelda just loves to make up lyrics along with me about dressing ourselves. This morning she added some cha cha chas! I am smiling!

7:00 Zelda and I go downstairs. I prepare my hubbys lunch, a salad, and then make mine and Zeldas breakfast. Afterwards I help Zelda collect coins for her school church fund to put into a tube shaped candle. She proceeds to spill them on the floor repeatedly, for fun. I repeatedly pick them up, hahahah.

Now that Zelda is all ready, I begin to do some house chores, starting with a battle with a king size mattress and a double sized bottom fitted sheet. The damn thing won't go on, duh it's too small, but in my rented house I have about 5 of these and only one of the king size, tell me, how am I to make it work! I started to cry I was so frustrated. A hug from hubby and then his strong arms made the damn thing finally fit. Tonight will be the test, does it spring back and roll us up like a sausage or are we safe?
 Then I was on to the laundry, organizing drawers and closets and finally pickling some grilled eggplants.

Two thirty arrived and I went to collect Zelda from school. We had a pleasant walk home up the hill and down the hill, up the hill and to our front door. It was drizzling the entire way home, but we did not mind. Once home, the usual and then more of the usual until lights out and sleep.

The hubby went for a drink at the pub with colleagues and came home happy. We ate a quick dinner and watched a bit of TV. It was nice to have him home. It was nice to be home, with our daughter fast asleep upstairs and us snuggling downstairs. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment