Sunday 12 December 2010

The Weekend

I feel dizzy, my head is spinning. I popped my head up so fast Saturday morning that I turned positively upside down for a few moments. Since then, I am topsy turvy if I look up or woosie if I move to rapidly. Is this dizziness some kind of a metaphor for my life these past few months? 2011 is around the corner and I have no idea where time has gone.

Hanuka behind us and Christmas looming in front, this weekend was all about getting ready. Saturday afternoon Zelda and I went to our friends house to make all things Christmas-y. What happened was the girls wound up playing, and the big girls wound up making. We actually had a blast.  Talk, coffees, giggles and arts and crafts go well together. I am sure that years gone by, quilting Bees were similar in nature. I made ginger bread dough and my friend made salt dough. We sculpted decorations for the tree and painted them. We never actually got around to making anything from the ginger bread dough, so we split it up for each of us to do our thing at home. Our children made one thing each and were off again upstairs to have dolly tea parties and try each others shoes on! Before I knew it, darkness appeared and it was time to walk home. The moon followed us all the way.

We ate dinner as a family. We had lamb sauteed in red wine and rosemary with mashed potato and mixed veggies. Zelda devoured it all. Blueberries and strawberries with fresh cream for dessert afterwards. By the end of the day I was absolutely dead tired and my dizziness seemed worse. Bed was calling me.

Sunday was ballet class. We took the bus there and back and left the hubby home to have some peace and quiet and get some work done. Once home Zelda and I rolled out the ginger cookie dough and made some great shapes...trees, stars, hearts, fairies and of course a ginger bread girl. Zelda sculpted piece by piece a beautiful princess cookie. I had forgotten that we used Bailey Irish Cream in the dough which made the cookies taste great.

I can see grass again as the snow has nearly all melted. It is great to be able to walk quickly again with out the threat of breaking a bone, but I miss the snow as well. It added so much beauty to the day. We are back to  "warm" weather and I am happy to wear something other than big clunky hiking boots.

The weekend is now over and I am winding down to relax and have some me time. Zelda just had a bath with her daddy and he is now snuggling and reading to her. It is the perfect ending to a zippy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment