Tuesday 7 December 2010

Tuesday

It was a warm day, only -1 degree, and I felt the difference when I awoke this morning. I stripped off my socks and bathrobe during the night because I was obviously too hot! I vaguely remember little furry paws walking behind my head in the early hours of the morning and found Lilly sleeping soundly at the bottom of the bed at 6am.

Coffee made, BBC radio updating me on the Wikki Leaks, again and Zelda still asleep at 7am. I jumped into the shower and rinsed quickly as we were late already! When I had finished, Zelda was in our bed snuggling the cat and her daddy. I dressed, opened up the blinds and stood in shock...it had snowed again during the night! How could it??? We had Pink skies at night and I know snow is not the shepherds delight. I had been tricked, but I was happy as it all looked so pretty and white and clean again.

The morning was a struggle for us to get Zelda dressed, fed and out the door in time to make it to school before the bell rang. The arrival of the cat mixed with the past week of no school and lazy mornings has set us back light years. We are in dire need of a new strategy, one that involves us all getting ready earlier and still staying happy and sane.

The walk into town was magical. The River had frozen! The cathedral and castle had puff of snow on them again and all the pathways and walkways were bright white. It was like walking into a Dickens story.


After my coffee with my husband at the university, I went into town to mail packages, book property visits and search for a ballerina Barbie. I wound up with Christmas chocolates, Turkish delight, dates, strawberries, lettuce and Kohlrabi. The last item making me incredibly happy as I haven't seen this veggie in over 10 years. It used to be one of my favorites.  Peel, slice and serve with salt on the side for dipping. It is like a big green radish, but crisp and juicy like an apple. Sadly, or perhaps happily, no Barbie to be found in Durham. That's what you get when you live in a University town.

I came home by bus with my many packages. It was noon by the time I got home. I ate my favorite snack....almonds, cashews and dark chocolate covered raisins. I am addicted to this combo. In fact as I type, I am eating them again.

2:30pm and it was back into town to pick up Zelda from school. I was a bit uncomfortable as I was wearing my puffy Nutria fur jacket. Earlier in the morning, as my friend "petted" me, she said, "be careful, someone might shoot you!", Nice!! its rat after all. who would get upset over that. As I walked I prepared my comeback should someo one confront me. Luckily, I and my coat came to no harm. I was warm and snugly. I will wear it again tomorrow.

Normal evening routine...tele, snuggling, candles, present, dinner, bath, book and bed. Hubby is at work preparing his lecture for tomorrow. I am thinking about my perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment