Wednesday 15 December 2010

Wednesday

 It's hump day...that's how I always used to refer to Wednesday as it is the mid way point in the week, once over it, and you are closer to the weekend.

6am, the room flips up side down as I raise my head. News of the falling Euro, unemployment and the health care bill woo me awake. Coffee, give me coffee. Hubby obliges, I am happy. Before I know it, its 6:30 and off I jump into the shower. We can not be late this morning as Zelda has a Carol Service in the St. Oswalds Church at 9:15.  Day three of the new routine is still working...singing is unbelievable. I know it calms the wild beast, but I never knew it sped them up too!

8:20 and we are out the door. The temperature has changed and it is colder and spitting with rain and wind as we go down the hill. Snow is predicted starting tomorrow. Zelda still in the mood to sing, makes us do round robins of Jingle Bells all the way to school. At the service, Jingle Bells is not a song on the program; I am stupefied. I am Jewish.

I hurridly do my errands and walk up the Claypath hill tot he Medical Practice to see if someone can take a look at my ear and sort out the vertigo. I am greeted by two brain dead women, and have to sort out my appointment myself by playing a question and answer game. Appointment sorted for later in the day with the emergency doctor.  I am then for warned, as if I should be scared, that the doctor may be called out on an emergency, and I will have to wait for him to return. NP.

Once home, I cook up a killer chili for dinner. It is the best chili I have made. I am very pleased and my lips are tingly from the spice. It tastes perfect.

2:30 arrives and I go to pick up Zelda. We then rush off to the doctors. I am seen with in minutes of my arrival, unlike in France, where one has to wait, in a grotty little waiting room for up to an hour after the scheduled apointment time. I guess it makes them feel popular to have a full waiting room. Anyway, the Doctor is very nice, thorough and helpful. I left feeling good emotionally, even if he could not find anything in particular wrong with my ear, leaving me to feel still unwell in the dizzy department.  He prescribed wax removal fluid, so that is what  I am trying.

At home, the usual after school routine follows, only to be disrupted by a phone call from a recruiter! I am famous, my resume is out there in cyber space and getting results. Only yesterday I got a call from a company that recruits teachers. Today Adecco wants to present me to a great company that helps people who are unemployed become employable and then finds them jobs. I love it. It is the perfect job and direction for this current economy. I have the skill set and the drive. Tomorrow they will short list, I hope I am on it.

Zelda takes a lovely playful bath. We play barbies together  for a while and then it is time for bed.  I curl up next to her and she asks me to tell her about my day. We share our days and then it is lights out and tickles. Zelda falls a sleep and so do I! I really love this time with her. It feels so wonderful, relaxing, and close. It's the feeling of motherhood. For Zelda, I imagine it is the feeling of childhood. Both are perfect.

Time check  10:50. Hubby clearing up from dinner. Zelda happily a sleep. Me, dizzy, but spinning from joy

No comments:

Post a Comment