Monday 3 January 2011

Monday

What is happening to me? Plans to rise and shine early and get out of the house by 10 am foiled again by sleeping until 8am, taking a coffee in bed, allowing myself to read in bed and then take a shower! Results...out of the house by noon. I can rationalize it though, it is the last day to do it as Zelda returns to school tomorrow, so it is back to the 6am ROUTINE.

Back to Newcastle again today. Even though we left the house close to noon, we still got to Newcastle by 12:30. We took a quick left out of the train station and walked 5 minutes to the Life museum. This is a large dome shaped museum that is dedicated to living, as the name says. It has hands on activities for the kids and live experiments and a planetarium. It sounds grand, but it is not a huge place, but it is big enough to spend a few hours entertaining one selves. Zelda loved it and we had a hard time pulling her out.

Once again, I must put on my contrary hat and compare Nice to where I am living now. In Nice if I wanted to dine out, I had a choice between French, Italian or French, but disguised as some other ethnic brand. In addition I had to deal with tourist prices and service. In Newcastle I have 1000's of places to chose from and every cuisine under the sun, prepared by authentic people of the regions. Tonight we dined at a small family owned Persian restaurant. The food was very good and the desserts were very special. I ate rosewater sorbet with ice noodles and lemon, glazed figs with pistachio cream and honey and saffron ice cream. The bill was not to much and Zelda really enjoyed it as well. We will definitely go back.

We arrived home around 6:30 and it was bath time for Zelda. Afterwards I read to her and snuggled her to sleep. I was not successful with the sleeping part and her daddy had to go in and put her to sleep. Lately she will not go to sleep with me. she wants me there to snuggle, and kiss and hug, which I like, but she must go to bed also.  I must look into changing my perfume, perhaps it is too exciting!

Time check, 8:15 pm. I assume Zelda is a sleep. We have all eaten dinner, so nothing to do but get ready for bed and settle in with a book until it is time for me to go to bed. It has been a great day, once again and I can not wait until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment