Sunday 9 January 2011

Sunday

A beautiful morning with fluffy pink clouds, sunshine and crisp but not freezing cold air. We all slept late and then took our breakfast in the loft room with sunshine streaming in through the skylights. We ate croissant and scones...marrying the English with the French. I am sure I committed a crime somewhere with this meal.

Zelda got ready for ballet while her daddy cleared off the nights snowfall off the car. I popped some Ibuprofen for the on coming cold and off we went. After her class, Zelda was in a great mood. Full of laughter and high spirits. I on the other hand was fading fast and my ear was aching along with my throat. All I wanted to do was get home and crawl under a blanket with the fire going and that is what I did.

Three hours later, several Narnia DVDs had been consumed. We ate a fireside bowl of pasta with ham and peas and then it was bath time for Zelda. She spent about an hour in the bath with her daddy and came out squeaky clean and very wrinkled. I was summoned to witness the amazing transformation of her hands. Zelda was intrigued and pointed out every little wrinkle and flat bit. It doesn't take much to keep kids occupied or entertained. If only I knew sooner, I could have arranged for her to be wrinkled more often.

By 7:50 Zelda was fast a sleep and I was still on the couch under a blanket. It has been a lovely warm family day. Quality time spent together, making the fact that I felt like crap not too noticeable. I love Sundays. I love the weekends here. Always something to do or see if we want to, or just a nice place to relax and chill.

Time check-9:31. Waiting up until 10pm when I can take some more pills and then hit the bed. I don't really believe in God, but I will send a thank you to who ever is out there in this universe for giving me such a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment