Sunday 30 January 2011

The Weekend

Turning 18 was easy as pie this year. Since it was the second time around, it carried none of the fear of adulthood that comes with turning 18 the first time. Maybe next year I will try sweet 16 again.

Friday morning was full of chores and then into town to pick up Zelda from her after school club. I had 20 minutes to get my self ready for  going out for my birthday. The doorbell rang and it was the babysitter, I was still in my tights and tank and no closer to figuring out what to wear.  I had wanted to wear a dusty pink tulle skirt, but it was clinging to me in strange ways and I opted out.  The door bell rang again and it was our friend with his daughter L. L was spending the night with Zelda while we all went out. I still wasn't ready!! I quickly finished up and left the house with both girls screaming and being chased by the baby sitter.

First stop, the Ole Victorian Pub. We were a group of  about 10 at the pub and it was lovely and lively. I met new people, who are involved in the Museum world. I was given lovely hand made cards, a cook book and a can of cream of chicken soup and flowers!

At 8:30 we went across the road to a great little Tapas bar for dinner. The time flew by so fast and before I knew my friends were having to leave to get back home. I hate it when the party ends.

A brisk walk home and we were a sleep in bed by midnight.

Saturday morning was difficult. I drank only 4 glasses of red wine, two of which were small, but as my husband said, everyone had that much and I am much smaller. I felt like shit! I have decided that I will be going on an alcohol free hiatus  for some time. I also did a few stupid things on Friday night and am glad I have met such nice people who can be my friend anyway!

In the afternoon my husbands sister Anna came for one night on her way to their brothers place to help them pack for their move down to Durham next week. It was great to see Anna as it had been over 2 years since we were last together. Again, I got some super presents, a Tajine, a cook book, 2 beautiful scarves and a book.

Zelda started getting ill and by mid afternoon she had a fever.

At 2am Zelda woke up and I spent the rest of the night keeping her company in bed until I felt ill. 4:30 am and I returned to my bed to finally get some sleep.

Today was very slow. We did not go to Ballet as Zelda was still unwell and we hung around playing with stuffed toys, barbies, and watching the Sound of Music.

I am still not feeling that well and fear I am getting what ever it is that Zelda has.

Time check-7pm, Zelda downstairs in bed with her daddy having snuggles and story. Me, tired, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment