Monday 24 January 2011

Monday

I was not angry, my feet led me in a trance like state as I climbed up her loft ladder and dropped into her single bed. Startled awake by a face peering at me at 2:30 am by a wide awake Zelda led to my not getting back to my bed until around 4:30 am. I am not sure when she fell back to sleep. She was reading books and I could hear her talking to herself for what seemed like a long time. When I went to make her bed later in the morning I found stacks of books under the covers. She is almost 5. What will she be like when she is 8?

Despite the no sleep, we managed to follow our routine flawlessly. We made it to school on time and had a pleasant walk/run there together.

No coffee at the university as it was Monday. I ran my errands and got home earlier. I walked into the house and heard the familiar beeping sound of the answer machine. I played it. It was from the realtor. I refused to run and call back, instead I took my time and unpacked the groceries and went to the bathroom, then I called.

The owner upped our offer by 5K. I asked for him to meet us half way.

2:30 rolled around and it was time to go to get Zelda. We played in the park and had a lovely walk back home. Again, the familiar beeping greeted me as I entered the house. I gulped and played the message. I was to call back. I called back. Offer accepted!!!!!

Unlike in France, buying a house in the UK is much trickier. Apparently you can get what is called Gazumped by another offer. Also, there are things called forward chains, and that means that if the seller does not have a house secured yet to stay in, you have to wait until his deal goes through. If it doesn't then you have to wait to settle, or worse, sometimes you don't get the house in the end and have to start your search all over again. Apparently, there is no chain, and the seller can move into the house he is buying asap.

I am so excited.  Our first house. Three floors of rooms to clean, but heh,who cares, they will all be mine!

I am excited to change the house to make our imprint on it. This link will give you an idea of how I want to open up the kitchen area to the dining area which flows into the living area as the owner already opened up the two rooms.
http://www.housetohome.co.uk/generic/printgallery/id/1441

Picture 1

This is the winter/summer deck

Picture 1
This is the bath- toilet in separate room

Picture 1

Garden, but only the grassy part. To the side is another decked area and path leading to the forest.

Picture 1

small bedroom, we will turn it into a studio for doing art etc...

Picture 1
Front bedroom-will become office/spare bedroom/music room
Picture 1
Back facing bedroom-Zeldas room- Has beautiful forest and country side vista

Picture 1
Lounge with fireplace
Picture 1
Dining area connected to lounge. Wall on left will be opened up to create open plan living/dining cooking area with access to outside deck.
Picture 1
Current kitchen but to be changed! :)

We will also carry out a loft conversion with a en suite bathroom for ourselves.

Time  check-7:46-Zelda fast a sleep, and hopefully staying that way. Hubby on way home. Me, happy as a lark and can't wait to live amongst the forest animals, have BBQ's, and watch Zelda grow up in our new home!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Congratulations. You have found your new home at last. And the music room is for guests...hint, hint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. has your name on it, and what a peaceful place to paint too!

    ReplyDelete