Tuesday 4 January 2011

Tuesday

Holidays are over and Zelda is back at school, hubby is back at work, and I am back to hunting and gathering.

It is amazing how one can really miss the boring ins and outs of the daily  routine. I missed my 6am wake-up date with the BBC radio presenter. Our I-pod speaker/radio was in the living room over the holidays. There really wasn't any need for an alarm when you are not due anywhere. This morning I awoke to a beloved British accent talking about everything going on in the news. I did not really listen to or read about the news over the holidays. Seems like the world just came to a halt and now it is resuming again, for me.

I missed having my coffee made by the coffee maid. Every morning we woke up late, and one of  us went down stairs to make the cups of coffee. Why, I do not know, but I guess when you are on holiday, and have no where to go, the need for instantaneous intravenous coffee goes away. It was the best cup of coffee I had in 10 days!

I missed putting the laundry in by 7am so I can hang it out by 11am and it can be dry by late evening ready for the next morning. While on holiday, laundry just seems to pile up and then you have no underwear.

I missed eating breakfast all together in the morning in the cold kitchen. While on holiday, we laid around in bed and ate late and Zelda ate toast and watched her program downstairs. We were doing our own separate things;adults and child. I like it when we are all together and talking and sharing. It makes for a nicer morning and nicer day. I don't forget to take my joint medicine either when we eat together. Today I had no shoulder pain again.

I missed our early morning walk into town to take Zelda to school. I missed the way the scenery looks as I walk down the hill, turn into the wooded drive and then go over the bridge that  carries us across the river. The morning light on the Cathedral that greets me every morning is back in my life. The stimulus in the air that gets us all running and jumping and talking and laughing as we wind our way to where we are going when we have somewhere to go.

I missed seeing people on the street that we know or recognize. I missed saying good morning and smiling and getting positive words and reactions back. It is truly amazing how just those two words can make one feel great, positive, friendly and happy. For me it is the perfect mood enhancer to start my day. I was high on good morning this morning!

I missed my morning espresso machiato at the university with my husband. While on holiday, we never really got the chance to have a full 30 minutes alone with each other without any interruptions or distractions. It is just us and our coffees. Stolen time every day.

I missed my little errands that constitute my job. Picking up this, gathering that, finding what nots and then carrying it all back.

I missed job  and house hunting. While I was on holiday, I took a break from these two important life goals.

I missed my ritual walk back into town, down the hill and up the hill to pick up Zelda. I missed our one to one time walking along the river holding hands. The games we play to make the walk quicker, warmer and fun. We saw a beautiful swan on our way home and followed her for as long as we could.

I missed the time Zelda and I have once we are home. I missed her lying on my lap keeping us warm in front of the fire. I missed making her dinner and eating together. Tonight she invented a new dish...the Potatowich. I made baked potato and we filled them with grated cheese and chopped ham. Zelda then proceeded to put the two halves together to make a "sandwich". Perfect genius!

I missed being able to write in my blog at the same time every night. The holidays were not good for my writing form. I am glad to be back .

Routine check-ups, routine dye jobs, routine procedures, hate them, but give me my routine any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment