Sunday 16 January 2011

The Weekend

I believe in spooky things. I believe that coincidences are exactly not that, but mean something much more. Related events can for tell the future and we should pay attention.


Saturday was all about securing a place to live for my husbands brother and his family who are moving up to Durham at the beginning of February. I am happy to say that we/they were successful. They have  found a great town house in the best area of Durham lying right next to a big green field. it is quiet, beautiful, ten minutes by foot to town, near all the right schools and just a stones throw away from a house we found that we wanted to buy.

Saturday late afternoon, my husband, Zelda and I went to visit the house while his brother and his wife went to the realtor to sign the lease. As we were hanging out on the large green I walked passed a woman with her dog and 2 boys and said hello. We started talking, as you do here in Durham, unlike in France, and all of a sudden she said to me  I met you before, you were looking for Geoffrey Avenue. After a few moments it all became clear. About 1 month ago when I was walking in the snow trying to find my way to the house I mentioned for the first time, I stopped and asked a person on the street for directions. they did not know. I waited a few minutes and then saw a woman and asked her. She very nicely directed me. She almost even walked me there. This woman now standing in front of me, on this green, was that woman! All I could think of was this had to mean something. We are meant to find a home here in this quarter. We are meant to be living here. Although on Sunday when we went to visit the house for the third time, we sadly both agreed that the noise at the back would be too loud and we must keep looking. This lovely woman gave us a heads up on another house and so we will go to see it. I am not ready to discount this experience as just mere coincidence.

The weekend was full of wonderful encounters with friendly helpful people. Who needs friends when everyone is nice and engaging. I am only kidding, you do need friends, but while your waiting to make them, it is a pleasant existence all the same. It is hard to feel lonely or isolated, sad or depressed. A smile, a helping hand, a conversation are all available immediately and when you need them. It makes me feel alive, worthy, and confident. Bad weather will never get me down while there are such nice people around.

Time check- 9:10, Zelda fast a sleep. Hubby and family downstairs in front of fire. Me, happy, confident and full of spice. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment