Thursday 20 January 2011

Thursday ( and wednesday)

If you do not seek you will not find. If you sit around and let the grass grow under your feet, soon you will be covered in lawn clippings. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the septic tank. It is green where I stand right now and growing greener.

I feel special. I feel as though I have something inside to offer the outside world that no one else has. This in fact may not be true, but that does not matter to me. What matters is that I feel it. Because I feel it, I can act and do things that I would not if I did not feel this way. Yesterday I took a stab in the dark. It worked.

The woman who is the head of Access and Learning for the Durham Museums and I are meeting next Friday. I never met her. She never met me. I did not even have her name. All I knew was that she was a mom at Zeldas school. I played detective and researched who it could be. Checking names against the school list directory against museum web page info. Making phone calls to the museum and dropping hints about children to check if I had the right person. I did. I wrote her an email. She immediately wrote me back. Voila, opportunities at its best. Couldn't be more perfect.

Today, we went to see the house again. My husband and I felt the same way. We loved it. We can see ourselves living there til we grow old, and when we do, right around the corner is a hospice, so we would not have to go far! We can see raising Zelda there. She can grow up in this house. She will have a loving environment. Woods in the backyard, barn owls and deer. Quiet and calm. A real neighborhood with a playground and fields around the corner. It is idyllic. We will make an offer on Saturday and hope it is accepted.

The weather has been glorious. Cool and sunny. The light, orange and yellow and pink. I walk into town in the morning and see Turners all around me. I am floored. The light in the Med is beautiful too, but it holds only feelings of burning and fire, whilst the the northern light is moody, introspective and thought provoking.

These past two days have been very good days and I am pleased. One might say they have been perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. You are just makin' it happen. I've got the champagne ready for one or both celebrations. xx. m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, hope you will be bringing it over to me...are you looking into visiting???

    ReplyDelete