Tuesday 11 January 2011

Monday

Today I took care of myself. I went to the Dr's. at 9:30 am hoping to be given some antibiotics. Here in the Uk Dr's are very anti antibiotics! I was told to come back in a week if I did not get better, otherwise just take paracetamol and ibuprofen. In France, I would have been given 10 prescriptions and told to take a week off work. Since I was not seriously ill, I went home and took the pills and drank lots of hot tea. I did absolutely nothing but lie on the couch under a blanket until it was time to pick up Zelda.

I did home work with Zelda and then we ate dinner and watched the movie The Gruffalo. It was difficult for me to read as I had a sore throat so this was the compromise. Off to bed she went and then I made a dinner of smoked haddock with capers and lemon zest baked in the oven and served it with fresh peas, carrots and chunks of potato. I laid the fish on top and called it an open face fish pie. It was yummy.

although I was not feeling well, the day was still perfect as I was able to relax and get myself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment