Friday 12 November 2010

Friday

Brrrrrr..........it was a cold morning, "expect gale force winds, but lots of sunshine" said the BBC radio. I could live with that. The walk to school this morning was frisky, brisky and bright. As we all headed over the bridge that crosses the river on the way to Zeldas school, the view was incredible. There was cold crisp air, naked tree branches, a swollen river that was almost breaking out into tiny waves and the piece de resistance, the Cathedral. It loomed in the foreground, sparkling in the sunlight, looking larger than life. It was great to be alive, taking in this image and breathing out white puffs of "smoke". We were dragons, crossing the river on our way to battle?..nah, we were dragons on our way to a perfect day!

After a quick coffee, I headed home, up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill. I felt extremely fit walking into the strong wind all the way home!

I immediately began to heat up the house my way...cooking! Oven on high, I began to slice up a nice looking butternut squash and two red chillies. I rubbed them with olive oil, sprinkled fresh sage and sea salt on top and placed them in the oven to roast for 40 minutes. When they were done, the house and I were nicely warmed up and I continued to make a fabulous butternut chili soup with coconut cream. I would serve  it tonight with pumpkin seed and cheese crackers and red wine.

Fridays is Zeldas day to go to the Sunshine club after school. I pick her up at 5pm. Today was the first day that I actually was not that motivated to go out once again, up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, etc...two more times. It is dork out now at this time and with the howling wind, I was scared. I had no choice though, I bundled up and set off. By the time I reached her, I was warm and the wind died down. We walked to the center and took the bus up the hills, counting to 100 over and over again to pass the time.

Home sweet home, I now know what that means. We both collapsed in each others arms on the couch. We snuggled up and watched some Cbebies and then got ready for bed.  Zelda was fast a sleep by 7:30.

No pub night tonight. Ian came home straight after work. We snuggled up and ate the soup. A little lime rind squeezed over it would have made a nice touch, but next time! We watched a movie on T.V. and now the hot water bottles are being prepared downstairs while I finish up my perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment