Tuesday 9 November 2010

Tuesday

Say three Hail Marys...wait a second, I haven't sinned.... I just love the weather, and that's how many times it hailed today! I love seasons. I love snow, rain, wind and even in the month of November hail storms! I wore mittens today in the house while working on the computer, while downstairs, the gas guy replaced our gas fire, so now we can have cozy evenings and family Sundays in front of it. 

I didn't have my regular routine today. Zelda walked to school with her daddy today while I stayed home and watched over the gas guy, who was 2 months late in putting in our new gas fire heater. He managed to stain the carpet, shut off my hot water, and move some very heavy furniture in his pursuit to find the chimney (which he neglected to put right, not the chimney, the furniture). But, the fire works, and we will not be gassed whilst we sleep, as he did install a carbon monoxide alarm. He hung it, like a prized medal, right in the middle of the living room wall. Attractive it is not, but safe we all shall be, for now.

I took a break from babysitting the gas guy at around 11:30 am. This is when I like to eat my lunch. I had some leftover chicken satay curry I made the other night and I gobbled it up...the cold does make me hungry. There is nothing better than spicy leftovers when you are freezing because the house is like an ice cube due to hail and very little heat, so I cranked the oven up to 400 degrees and roasted some potatoes and root veggies. This got the kitchen nice and toasty...killing two birds with one large hail stone.

The sky turned sunny and blue, then grey and dark, then sunny and blue, then it hailed again, then it rained. I waited for the rainbow, I waited for a pause so I could leave the house and pick up Zelda from school. 2:40pm it stopped and cleared up, just long enough to get to school. Zelda and I went for a coffee with some friends at the Gala Theater Cafe, since the park was too wet and slippery.  On the  way we all stopped into the local charity shop. The girls bought fairy wings and feather boas...perfect. We had trouble getting them out and away from the commando Ken doll that they disrobed, much to the embarrassment of the older lady who works there! All she could say was, " It's a bit cold to take his pants off!"  That made my day, Perfect!

Time check...8:18pm, glass of wine in hand, Zelda fast a sleep in bed, and me tapping away on the keyboard, husband out for a work evening, I am alone, it is silent, except for the odd hail ball....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if I had fairy wings and a feather boa, and a ken with no pants on it would indeed be a perfect day. thanks.

    ReplyDelete