Friday 19 November 2010

Friday

It was a perfect day.

I am game to say absolutely nothing and leave it as that, but I  will give a bit away!

I will start from the end rather than the beginning ,but there is no guarantee I will cover  it all.  Perfection can not be reproduced.

Arrived home by taxi at approximately 11pm. Zelda wearing only a dress and boots. Her legs fully visible so one could see the beautiful artistic designs she had made on her legs in multi colored pen. My daughter the "budding" artist. Her best friend also had similar markings on her body. In addition, they both had very "lovely" greasy hair from the application of an entire tube of Vaseline. This, they explained as being lipstick" for he body and hair! What imaginations. What potential! I would be crazy to squash this kind of free thinking.

Even earlier, an appointment with the mortgage consultant and realtor proved educational. 

Following that, we picked up Zelda from school at 5:30 and went to meet her friend and  and our friends to go to the pub for a drink and a bit of R&R. The pub was packed and it was difficult to get a second round. We were then invited to our friends house to continue the evening.  A simple yet splendid dinner was created. Bruschetta with olive oil, garlic, basil and tomato, followed by pene with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. The adults and the children ate the same thing. It was perfect! Red wine and great conversation.

The girls had a fantastic evening playing dress up, monsters and whatever else little girls do when you are not around. (like painting their bodies and getting into your makeup)The fact that they were not bothering us was enough to satisfy me that Zelda was happy, and thus so was I.

Too many characters and too many events, but I will say that it was a perfect day because I was able to have a completely relaxing time. I enjoyed being with friends. Friends that I would never have known otherwise. Friends, that as it turns out, I share a great deal in common with. Friends, who make me think about what I used to want for my life and where I wanted to go with that desire.

How wonderful to be confronted. How perfect an opportunity to seize what was once lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment