Thursday 18 November 2010

Thursday

It could of been us. We could be living in a palace. I could be a Lady. Zelda could be a Princess for real. How could my sister -in - law let us down??? She went to school with Prince William after all, she had a shot too! Her daddy blows balloons..is that a high pitched shree I hear in the background.? These were my waking thoughts as the BBC broadcaster told me there was going to be another Royal Wedding.

 I would rather starve than freeze. We turned up the heat last night and are leaving it on for longer. I am warmer outside than inside, "how could this be?" I asked my husband. I love absolutely love the weather, the crispness in the air, the red cheeks and warm itchy feeling when I come in from the cold, but not while I am in my home! So, this morning was lovely. All day in the house while I was job hunting, it was lovely. (No more gloves while I type). Snuggling on the couch with Zelda was cozy, didn't even use a blanket to cover us! Yes, it is much better to eat less and pay more.

The third Thursday of every month is very special because there is a farmers market in the old market square. It is not flashy. It is not big. It is not even that varied in its goods. But what it is, is authentic. The produce still has dirt clinging to the roots. In this case, there were giant carrots, beets, celeriac, and huge stalks of brussel sprouts with enormous green foliage still attached. All I could think of was the story of The Giant Turnip. I laughed inside and smiled like an idiot as I walked through the stalls. I tried some very nice home made ginger wine, non alcoholic. Tested the organic farm made cheeses. The selection of wild game, meats and sausages were mesmerizing. I settled on a package of 8 beautiful pork sausage with apples. The apples came from the farm as did the pork meat. All organic and prepared by hand. Next time I will try some venison. I do not think I could bring myself to make pigeon fillet, but should I wish too, its all there!

Coffee at the church while Zelda played was a needed adult past time. I look forward to Thursdays at this time as I have a very nice friend and her mother is also my friend, so I guess I have two very nice friends. We sit around for an hour laughing, gossiping and sharing bits of ourselves. I feel fortunate.

The evening routines went as planned. NO big hiccups, and always special.

Time check 20:11. Ian putting Zelda to bed. me tapping away. Time for us. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment