Monday 22 November 2010

Monday

A suitcase on wheels, a four and a half year old and three adults all travelled down the hill, in the rain. We all woke up, showered, got dressed and ate breakfast and left the house only 6 minutes later than we like to leave, but at least 5 minutes earlier than we usually leave! It was perfect. We need to have guests more often!

 My friend and I took a cab back to the train station after we all had a coffee.  I then took the cab straight home to avoid walking in the rain. This is the first time I have ever avoided walking in the rain since I have moved here. I currently sit and type while drinking a Lemsip. I do not feel well. For the past hour chills have started with increasing regularity and strength. I feel my body starting to develop aches. My face feels hot. I knew when I woke up this morning something wasn't right.

I am wearing socks, furry pink slippers, a flannel long nightgown with snowmen on it, underneath it a camisole and on top, my fleece zebra striped bathrobe with satin pink trim! It's fun when you don't feel well. You can pile on the layers, look silly and or ridiculous, your hair can stick out in all directions and you just don't care!

I am hoping that this is going to be a "one niter" only kind of illness. I have too many exciting things to do this week; tomorrow a visit to another house, Wednesday I am having my hair done, Friday I am working at the Baltic and Saturday Zelda has a birthday party in the afternoon, and we have a dinner party to go to in the evening. I want to be at my best. I have already learned the hard way that I can not stay up late and party without feeling like death warmed over, and that is when I am healthy.

On top of social activities, the family and household obligations are piling up too.....We have not even started shopping for or planning Hanuka and Christmas. Arrangements and papers have to be made and filled out for the transport of our cat, bills from France need sorting out ( those I could actually just ignore, not like we live there anymore!) and train tickets need purchasing for going to Scotland. I am sure there are more things, it feels like there are, but I can't remember them. That is the worrying part of it all. "All I want for Christmas is....." .. my memory back.

Time check; 7:57...Zelda is a sleep. The hubby is working. I am warm and drinking lemsip. I am looking forward to getting into bed and starting a new book that was given to me by a friend. Her sister-in-law has written it. It looks intriguing and it is the perfect way to be ill!

No comments:

Post a Comment