Sunday 21 November 2010

The Weekend

10:06 pm. I am ready for bed. The weekend has been full, illuminating, both visually and personally and, of course, perfect.

I have had a friend visiting me. This has been my first visitor in my new home and homeland. Funny enough, my friend lived in my old home land and has also moved to the UK. She lives only an hour and half away. She, unlike me, is British. She lived in France for 5 years compared to my 10. We have both had similar emotional and psychological feelings and experiences after leaving France. We are both very happy we made the move. We both agreed that it was like being a prisoner when looking at our life in France in retrospect. We both feel suddenly freed. This is not the only coincidence. It turns out that I made fish pie for dinner. Not just any fish pie but a recipe by Jamie Oliver. This is her all time favorite dish! I had no idea. I never made fish pie before. It came out...perfect!

Zelda has shown another side of herself this weekend. She enjoys having visitors. She loves the intimate company a visitor offers. I found her in the guest room this morning playing barbies. My friend, I think, was more into it than Zelda was! I couldn't stop smiling and thinking how wonderfully perfect the scene was. In the end I think they killed off all the barbies and one of them had to play a male role...a prince. Priceless!

This afternoon we were all instructed to be ballet students. Zelda took the role of  the dance instructor. After two lessons she is well on her to way to becoming a prima ballerina in every sense of the word! She snapped out " first position", "stand straight", "fairy walk" and "follow me" with great confidence. Afterwards she gave us a performance of what she had done in the class.

Saturday night was a girls night out. My friend and I walked into town and went to the pub for a drink. On the way, we viewed the Cathedral from the bridge through a purple misty drizzly haze. It is always different this view. It changes with every change of the light and weather. It is to me like a work of art. A fine painting that evolves continually based on it viewers circumstances. It's magic. We both stood on the bridge speechless.

Dinner was in a small Italian joint called Marco Polo. A bottle of wine was 9 pounds. Pasta was 5pounds. The cheesy garlic bread was divine and of course the low calorie choice we were both looking for. We shared a Tira Mi Su. The walk up and own the hills was definitely needed and welcomed after  that meal.

I fell into bed around 11:30pm. I awoke to the sound of my daughter and my friend playing together happily, even though it was only 8am.  It took until 11am to drag them both away from the dolls!

Time check 10:31. A perfect weekend. Good night and I look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment