Saturday 13 November 2010

Saturday

Me: zzzzzzz
Zelda: zzzzzzzzz
Husband:ZZZZZZZZZ

6am...... blabber via BBC Radio...the alarm was not turned off and it was Saturday! Zelda immediately woke up and said with glee " It's morning". She popped out of bed and started tugging on the blinds to open them up and then headed straight to the coffee maid to make our coffees.  She was unstoppable, she was non persuadable to go back to sleep, nor to stop behaving like a kitty cat or any other number of highly active activities involving parental participation. We threatened, we growled, we ignored, by the time we were finished, it WAS time to get up as we had an appointment in town to view another property.

The day was gorgeous. Bright sunny blue sky with a spattering of purple-y  low lying clouds. It was warm for a November day and the roses were still blooming in our neighbours front garden. We climbed into the car and drove to the house. Zelda leaped out and ran into the front garden. She ran around in circles like a very happy dog! She then said, " I love this house, it's beautiful" and announced to the realtor, "I am going to buy it!".

It is a nice house from the 1930's. The property is lovely and so is the neighbourhood, but it needs a lot of reworking inside. I am not sure we are up to the task. We would have to knock the price down quite a lot and although the owner is desperate to sell, I am not sure he is that desperate!  We will keep our chins up and keep looking., But oh the stained glass windows, the garden, the views, the sunny rooms, the wood burning fireplace.

We all went to a cafe for lunch afterwards. After that we bought some cashmere sweaters..yes more, but this time not for me, but for the hubby. Next stop home. Hot chocolates in front of the fire followed. A little television and snuggling. I fed Zelda her dinner and now she is in the bath with daddy and tons of strawberry scented bubbles, tea bags and toys.

Time check  6:32....I hear my name being called, I think it's time for me to help with the drying. The its books and bed for Zelda. Some wine and smoked salmon and salad for us.

I loved today. It was gentle, calm and slow paced. Every moment was precious. It was perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Please excuse my typos. The day may be perfect, but I certainly am not!

    ReplyDelete