Monday 15 November 2010

Monday

The alarm went of as usual, only no talk radio, opera! We had forgotten to change the channel back from our Sunday morning listening pleasure! 6am and opera just do not mix for a happy, gentle Monday awakening, especially after I have gotten used to the soft British accents of the BBC. Zelda funnily enough did not stir. She always appears though when the talk radio goes off. Strange. I had to wake her up at 6:45. Her face was so serene. She looked beautiful and happy.

Showers, dressing, breakfast as usual. We were on time, almost. At the last minute, a wobbly was thrown over hair decorations. Zelda had some how found and taken inside a large basket of hair shoo shoos, hair bands and hair clips. Enough choice to throw anyone, even a sane adult into a tizzy! I was ordered to put her hair into pony tails so tight they would make your face hurt. She did not like them. Next up, hair clips, nope- no good. Followed by neon colored hair crimps and heart hair clips together. Again, not right. An exasperated and now crying child stomped around the kitchen refusing to get her coat on or move towards the door to go to school. She was frozen by too much choice! What will she do I fear, when she gets out into the real world of  shopping, dressing up and dining out???? I am frightened........ for the people who have to serve her!

Over coffee, my husband and I discussed possible ways to handle these kinds of situations in the future. Too much choice. We were frozen too. We did come up with a few possible ways to help her, we will see if they work. Stay tuned.

By 11am I was home. I did my normal stop off at the market and carried three bags of groceries, up the hill, down the hill, up the hill and  down the hill. Great exercise and allows me to eat what ever I feel like!

I glued myself to the computer for the next few hours whiling away my time. Shopping for jobs, houses and whatever else came my way. Nothing came my way. I am sitting on tender hooks now when ever I am in front of the computer. There is a little function that allows you to see a small portion of an email that you have received while you are viewing another page. It usually has the head line of the message and who it is from. If you, like me, were waiting for an email from a potential employer telling you you had an interview, every time this little window showed its face, you would sit up at attention. I am going nuts. Happy nuts, but nuts all the same!

I took Zelda to the park after school. It was a fantastically beautiful sunny crisp day. I forgot to mention this fact, How could I? Oh right, it was overshadowed by the hair accessories panic attack! In the park, a battle between the boys and Zelda broke out. Leaves, dirt, sticks, no weapon unturned. No harm done. I took home a muddy, soiled faced girl who was absolutely in control and happy! This was perfect adult viewing. Once home I put all the clothing into the wash. Playing dirty.....is.....well .....dirty!

Snuggles on the couch, dinner, bath, books and a ride on a broom stick into bed followed.
How could this not be the end to a perfect day!

Time check: 8:26. Glass of Cava in hand. A little flat, but still really nice! Husband has left the building, so on his way home. Zelda asleep. Lovely.

1 comment: